In 2018 John Deere published the video The Legend Runs On – Gaylord Converse. “He bleeds green,” says Kelly Henderson, communications and visitor services manager in Waterloo. “When he’s not working at John Deere, he’s working on the farm in a John Deere,” says Vicky, Gaylord Converse’s wife, as they reflected about his 50 years of employment at John Deere.
Whether you’ve always envisioned working for John Deere or are exploring companies to call “home”, the parts, sales and service experience that comes with using John Deere equipment- and brings taglines like “Nothing Runs Like a Deere” to life - isn’t possible without dedicated employees who have committed themselves to exceeding customer expectations.
Midwest Machinery Co. who has 17 John Deere Dealer locations throughout Minnesota has worked to create the same kind of culture that has employees like Gaylord Converse working for 50+ years for Deere. In fact, that very culture has over 15% of MMC employees members of the 25+ years of service club – no easy feat considering the company employs over 350 employees.
Whether you’re seeking a career as a technician, a service manager, a parts manager, a store manager, or a member of our sales team, here are 6 tips for scoring a job with a John Deere dealer, like Midwest Machinery Co.
- Research the company: Whether it helps you identify questions you want to ask when being interviewed, or gives you the ability to show how interested you are in the position by talking about what you found, both are valuable ways to set yourself apart from other candidates
- Add a cover letter to your resume: Employers want to know that you are interested in the position you are applying for and not just sending 1,000s of resumes out into the universe hoping for the chance to interview. Adding a cover letter to your resume allows you to specifically focus on the company and the position specifically you are applying for
- Read over the job application and job description: Be prepared to ask questions about your job responsibilities, the work environment, and the culture.
- Include keywords in your resume i.e. Diesel Mechanic, Sales Representative, etc.
- Check your resume for errors: Misspellings and grammar errors can have employers underestimating your capabilities, attention to detail, or desire to work for the company.
- Be thorough with responses within application questions: Show just how much you want to work for the company by taking the time to create thoughtful responses.
About Midwest Machinery Co.
A career at Midwest Machinery Co. offers opportunities for career growth and a family-oriented culture. At MMC, you’re not just a number, you’re a member of the family. Midwest Machinery Co. has 17 locations throughout Minnesota and offers sales, service and aftermarket solutions for large ag, construction and turf John Deere products.
Looking for current job openings at Midwest Machinery Co.?
Visit our career portal.